3. Your consent
4. Types of information collected
- A.“Personal Data” means and includes any Information that relates to a natural person through which an individual is identified, such as the name, contact details, email address, gender, age or any other relevant material provided by a User, including but not limited to information gathered through availing Services, communications with the instructors. It shall also cover information of User’s parent details (name, age, gender, mobile number, relationship with the User).
- B.“Technical Information” means and includes any Information gathered through various technologies that may employ cookies, web beacons, or similar technologies to automatically record certain information from your device through which you use the Platform. This technical information may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, device or browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring or exit pages, click stream data, operating system. This data includes usage information and user statistics.
- C.“Locational Information” shall mean and include the information obtained through GPS or other means, such as the geographical location of the User.
- D.“Non-Personal Information” : “Information through use of our service” means and includes information which is shared with us to avail our Services including but not limited to chats with instructors, Platform’s representatives etc. “Non-Personal Information” means and includes any information that does not reveal your specific identity, such as, browser information, information collected through Cookies (as defined below), pixel tags and other technologies, demographic information, etc. When you use the Platform, we may collect certain information about your computer or mobile to facilitate, evaluate and verify your use of the Platform. For example, we may store environmental variables, such as browser type, operating system, speed of the central processing unit (CPU), referring or exit web pages, click patterns and the internet protocol (IP) address of your computer. This information is generally collected in aggregate form, without identifying any user individually.
- E.Class Recordings: Classes that take place through iDigizen are automatically recorded by the platform (“Class Recordings''). We value Student and Teacher privacy, and our use of Class Recordings is extremely limited. Specifically, Class Recordings are made available to:
- a.Provide a viewable copy to students who missed the Class, or who wish to review the Class, for their personal educational purposes.
- b.Review the Class Recording personally in order to improve their Classes.
- c.In addition, the platform may use Class Recordings to provide feedback to Teachers, to improve our Services, for customer support, and for compliance purposes.
The Personal Data, Technical Information, Locational Information, Non-Personal Information and Class Recordings are collectively referred to as “Information”.
5. Purpose of collection and usage of this information
The data collected by us shall be used for providing our Platform and our services and other functions including but not limited to:
- a)To render Services (as defined in the Terms of Service);
- b)Maintaining the Platform;
- c)To evaluate the quality and competence of our personnel;
- d)To resolve any complaints, you may have and ensure that you receive the highest quality of Services;
- e)Notifying you about changes to our Platform;
- f)Allowing you to participate in interactive features of our Platform when You choose to do so;
- g)Providing analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Platform;
- h)Monitoring the usage of the Platform;
- i)Detecting, preventing and addressing technical issues;
- j)Business or Research Purposes: Only anonymized information may be used for business or research purposes, including improving and customizing the Platform for ease of use and the products and services offered by us.
- k)Aggregating Information / Anonymized data: We may aggregate Information and analyse it in a manner to further accentuate the level of services that we offer to our customers. This Information includes average number of Users of the Platform, the average clicks of the services/, the features used, the response rate, etc. and other such statistics regarding groups or individuals. In doing so, we shall not be making disclosures of any Personal Information as defined above.
6. Disclosure and sharing of information
- a.When compelled by law: We may disclose any Information provided by you on the Platform as may be deemed to be necessary or appropriate:
- Under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence;
- To comply with legal process;
- To respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence;
- To protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates;
- To protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/that of our affiliates, you or others;
- To allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain; or
- To protect against legal liability
- To protect the personal safety of Users of the Platform;
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Platform.
- b.Merger or Acquisition: Upon merger or acquisition of Platform with another Platform or company we shall transfer the information to the new entity as per the terms of the merger. In case of the merger and acquisition the user can choose to withdraw the consent for sharing the information with the new entity.
- c.With our service providers: We may share Information with our service providers on a need to know basis, subject to obligations of confidentiality for provision of Services. We hereby clarify that Platform works with institutions, vendors, partners, advertisers, and other service providers, like who provide products or services such as contact Information verification, website hosting, data analysis, providing infrastructure, information technology services, auditing services and other similar services, by virtue of lawful contracts instituted between such third parties and Platform to improve our product and services.
- d.Employees/Agents of Platform: We follow a strict confidentiality policy with regard to disclosure of confidential information to our employees or other personnel. There may be situations, where we may disclose the confidential information only to those of our employees and other personnel on a need to know basis. Any breach of confidential information by the employees, personnel within the Platform is dealt stringently by us.
7. Transfer of information
8. Your rights
You retain several rights in relation to your Personal Information as provided under applicable law. These may include the rights to:
- a.Access, confirm, and review Personal Information you may have provided;
- b.Correct Personal Information that may be inaccurate or irrelevant;
- c.Deletion and erasure of your Personal Information from the publicly available pages of the Platform;
- d.Receive Personal Information we hold about you in a portable format;
- e.Object to or restrict any form of processing you may not be comfortable with;
9. Children’s privacy
If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to remove that information from our servers.
10. Retention of information
All Information provided by you, save and except upon withdrawal or termination, shall be retained in locations outside the direct control of the Platform (for instance, on servers or databases co-locates with hosting providers). We will delete Information based on a request received from you within a reasonable period and latest within 60 (sixty) days of receiving a deletion request. However, we may retain such portions of Information and for such periods as may be required under Applicable Law. Notwithstanding anything contained herein, Platform may retain data after account deletion for reasons including but limited to the following purposes: If there is an unresolved issue relating to your account, or an unresolved claim or dispute; If we are required to by applicable law; and/or in aggregated and/or anonymized form; or Platform may also retain certain information if necessary for its legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention and enhancing Users' safety and security.
11. Cookies and other tracking technologies
12. Data security
We use physical, managerial, technical or operational safeguards as per industry standards and established best practices to protect the Information we collect. We use reasonable security practices and procedures and use secure servers as mandated under applicable laws for the protection of your Information. We review our Information collection, storage, and processing practices, including physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems. However, as effective as these measures are, no security system is impenetrable. In case of a security breach of our database, or unintended interception during transmission to us over the internet, we shall take speedy and appropriate measures to upgrade the safety and security of our infrastructure. You accept the inherent security implications of data transmission over the internet and the internet cannot always be guaranteed as completely secure.
13. Changes and updates to policy
Updated On: Jun 18th 2021